Thursday, February 26, 2009

thankful thursday

It's that time of the week again. Time to list things I am thankful for. It's been said that doing this will increase your level of happiness by 25%. And I am all in for that.

I am thankful for....

1) New old friends. We had a great dinner this week with Mary-Lynne and Terry, who specifically asked if I would be blogging about it. Terry and I chatted while ML & Mike rocked out to Guitar Hero. It must be noted that ML kicked Michael's ass on multiple songs. And then I made a spectacle of myself by hula hooping with the Wii Fit to lots of comments from the peanut gallery behind me. We've known ML and Terry for years, but this was our first "date" and judging by the amount of fun we had it will be the first date of many.

2) High speed internet. Thanks to the RocketStick from Rogers. It's not 100% yet, but it's getting there. Where my desk is situated is a bit of a cell phone dead zone. So I'm going to pick up a 6 foot usb cable so I can move the rocketstick to a spot where it will get better reception. You kow instead of moving the entire desk. Really though the majority of the time I'm connecting to the 3G network. Which sounds cool even if I have no idea what that means.

3) Jenni! We've been neighbours for years now. Wow! A lot of years. Like over a decade. And I think by this stage of our relationship I can say we're officially friends now too. This week Abby's school went skating. Abby doesn't skate, but decided she'd like to try. She decided this the day before the trip. We had no skates for her and Mike and I were both working the next day. Jenni to the rescue. After Mike called her she was over in five minutes with skates to fit Abby. She had also volunteered to go on the trip, so the next day she helped get Abby suited up and skated with her as well. It's always easier on a working Mom when you know your kids are in good hands. Luckily Mike was able to sneak away from work to see her and get some pictures (that are on his cellphone and I don't know how to get them off, but they're there). This is another one of those times when thank you doesn't seem to be enough to express what I'm feeling, but it's the best I got. So thanks Jen!

4) Notes in my mailbox. It was lovely today to come home to a beautiful picture of Lily-Pie in my mailbox. She is the sweetest baby. I cannot believe it's been a week since I've seen her. Oh and her Mom too:)

5) Aveeno Baby Fragrance Free Daily Lotion. This is the first hand cream that actually delivers on it's "protects for 24 hours" promise. My hands are exposed to more than their fair share of our harsh Canadian winters on a daily basis. They usually spend the entire winter dry and cracked. I have tried a myriad of lotions over the years. Last year I happened upon Silicone Glove (a gift from Darlene), which was great, but the fragrance got to be overpowering for how often I needed to apply it (for it to be effective) and Avon no longer carries it as far as I can tell. Then one day, on a whim, I used Maya's Aveeno Baby and my hands are no longer dry and cracked. The best part, I put it on once every evening and my hands are still soft and moisturizer the next day. It's one magical hand cream. I highly recommend it.

And what are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love the Aveeno fragrance free lotion too. It's actually fragrance free! Go figure!

Betsy Hart said...

YAY! THose are wonderful things to be thankful for.