Sunday, May 31, 2009

give me a beat

This past weekend our neighbourhood had a community garage sale that I couldn't decide if I wanted to participate in or not. I had finally decided no, but then Saturday morning Abby got bitten by garage sale fever and wanted to sell some of her toys. We actually keep on top of the toy clutter 'round here so there wasn't much she was willing to part with so I gave her some odds and ends I had laying around and told her if she helped look after it I would split the money with her.

By the end of the day we'd gotten rid of the last bits of our baby stuff and had $33.75 in out pockets. And I still split it with Abby even though she disappeared in the house for a "toast break" and a "bathroom break" and a "cartoon break" and a "I'm bored break" and so on. In fact she even took off down the street with Mike and Maya to do some shopping.

040008


See that thing around Maya's waist? Looks like a professional wrestling belt? Abby very kindly spent a dollar on that for her sister. It is a hiphop beat belt. And the most annoying toy on the planet right now. You see it plays different rhythms and by pressing the buttons Maya can mix them together. She has been wearing it ever since Abby bought it for her. Well I made her take it off for bed, not that she wanted to, but she wanted it right back on as soon as she woke up this morning. And she did somewhat willingly take it off for her playdate at The Mommy Project's. Only because I told her couldn't stay and play with it on. I'm pretty sure The MP was thrilled when I walked out the door with it.

3 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

I hate toys like that!!

Mommy Project said...

Yes....leave the delightful children, take the obnoxious toy. Good deal. :0)

And for all the FB's readers I want to say her girls are SOOOOO good and sweet and ~so~ polite (little Maya would instantly say "Thank-you" for every single little thing I did for her . So cute. And Abby was very careful not to wake the baby and all the girls played so well together!!). Lovely!!!!

p.s. Where are ya', Shan????

Shan said...

Betsy - yeah it's really awful.

MP - Awww that is soooo sweet of you to say. I'm so happy to hear they behave when they're out in public. I guess they really do listen to me.