Tuesday, June 16, 2009

what's cooking wednesday - peanut butter fudge

I love fudge, but I have never made it. I just buy some at the fair every year and I'm good to go. I was under the impression it wasn't the easiest thing to make, so I never bothered looking at a recipe. Then I accidentally bought a jar of that marshmallow fluff. I thought I needed it in a recipe, turns out I didn't, but I still had the fluff. So I did an ingredient search on allrecipes.com and ended up with this fudge recipe.

peanut butter fudge


Peanut Butter Fudge

  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
  • 1 1/3 cups peanut butter
Boil milk and sugar in a medium saucepan for three minutes over medium-high heat. Immediately stir in the marshmallow creme and peanut butter. Pour and spread into a 9x9 inch glass baking dish. Cool completely before cutting into squares and serving.

Recipe Notes: This turned out great! It is incredibly smooth and yummy. I did make a a couple of little changes. First I used chocolate milk instead of white and just before pouring it into the pan I threw in a handful or so of chocolate chips and swirled them around a bit. So it gave it a bit of a marbled look. Also have all your stuff ready to go before you start -- peanut butter measured out, lid off the fluff jar and so on. It just makes the whole process a lot easier.




What is What's Cooking Wednesday and how can I play?

What's cooking Wednesday was born out of a desire to get out of that what's for dinner rut. Playing is easy, on Wednesday post a recipe that has been tried and tested by you and then pop over here and add your name to the Mr. Linky. When entering your name also add the name of the recipe in brackets and make sure you link to your What's Cooking Wednesday post and not just your blog's front page. And don't forget to link back here, the home of What's Cooking Wednesday.

So for example I would write Shan (Speedy Chicken Stir Fry) in the name section. For the URL section I would post this: http://shanrev.blogspot.com/2007/10/whats-cooking-wednesday-speedy-chicken.html

I'll let you in on a little secret, my WCW recipes are almost never made on a Wednesday. So feel free to cook and photograph whenever you have time and join us posting on Wednesday

7 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Mmmm *love* peanut butter fudge!

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

*AHEM*

My first time here and I got here through Jen of A2eatwrite. My first time to share recipe online as well and I hope I did not screw it up...LOL

I'm going to try your recipe over the weekend...and thanks for sharing.

Chantal said...

I have always looked longingly at the Marshmallow fluff at the grocery store but never had a reson to buy it... till now! :)

Unknown said...

That looks absolutely sinfully delicious!!

Unknown said...

Sorry for multiple mr. linky attempts - somehow can't get it to work :(

Leah said...

wow, my FIL makes some killer PB Fudge, but the ingredient list is a mile long and is takes FOREVER. I did it once and doubt I would ever do it again. I'm bookmarking your version and giving it a try sooner than later! Thanks!

Shan said...

Michelle - so do I. It's probably not good I an make it myself now.

Mariposa - thank you and welcome!

Chantal - yeah I kinda of felt the same way about it.

Betsy - sorry!

City Girl - oh it is. And no problem.

Leah - Enjoy it Leah!