Tuesday, October 20, 2009

what's cooking wedneday - that time again

Well it doesn't happen all that often, but this week is it. I am being kind to myself and taking the week off from WCW. I was totally exhausted tonight and actually fell asleep on the couch when Mike thought I was putting the kids to bed. Oops. By the time he realized what had happened it was only 15 minutes past bedtime, so that wasn't too bad.

I think I just had a horrible sleep last night. We received notification yesterday that there is a respiratory outbreak at Abby's school. Mike was at a meeting so I spent time on the phone with The Mommy Project (we also tweeted... a lot), ML's fabulous husband and oldest son and my beautiful Robin trying to make the best decision for The Abster. At this time it is not an H1N1 outbreak, but when 10% of the school's population is out sick the Public Health Department starts to take notice. Robin and I talked it around in circles before I finally came to the conclusion that it was likely "best" to send her to school. There is just so much information from so many outlets it gets hard to figure out who's shooting it to you the straightest.

Even though I made the decision and Mike and I were both in agreement about it I continued to torture myself by running over the entire thing from every possible angle a kajillion times. I'm sure it wasn't condusive to a restful night's sleep.

Anyway, while I'm catching up on my sleep feel free to browse the other WCW entries or click the WCW link over there in the sidebar and wander through past posts.




What is What's Cooking Wednesday and how can I play?

What's cooking Wednesday was born out of a desire to get out of that what's for dinner rut. Playing is easy, on Wednesday post a recipe that has been tried and tested by you and then pop over here and add your name to the Mr. Linky. When entering your name also add the name of the recipe in brackets and make sure you link to your What's Cooking Wednesday post and not just your blog's front page. *All front page links will be deleted!* Don't make me be a jerk. And don't forget to link back here, the home of What's Cooking Wednesday.

So for example I would write Shan (Speedy Chicken Stir Fry) in the name section. For the URL section I would post this: http://shanrev.blogspot.com/2007/10/whats-cooking-wednesday-speedy-chicken.html

I'll let you in on a little secret, my WCW recipes are almost never made on a Wednesday. So feel free to cook and photograph whenever you have time and join us posting on Wednesday

1 comment:

Goofball said...

sleep well!