Wednesday, February 08, 2012

knowing me, knowing you - february 2012

So a couple of days ago one of my very best bloggy buddies, Merry, from Merry with Children tagged me in a "getting to know you" post and since it's been a while since I posted a Knowing Me, Knowing You post I figured this would kill two birds with one stone.


1. What is the one thing you wish you were better at as a blogger?
 Commenting. I love getting comments, but I can be pretty piss poor about commenting myself. I'm trying to work on it though. I really need more hours in the day. Also I used to blog every day, but I've been slacking lately. See the part about hours in the day.

2. What is your favorite way to treat yourself/pamper yourself?
Staying in my jammies all day. Reading for hours on end. Dinner out with friends. Dinner in with friends.

3. Do you (or have you in the past) work outside the home?  If so, what do you do?
I do work full time outside of the home, but I really don't talk about work here. I do have a very heavy volunteer workload that I'm happy to discuss though :)

4. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
The people, no question. I've made some really great friends with my little corner of the web.

5. If you could magically be anything you wanted to be (without needing additional education or childcare) what would you be?
Photographer. Event planner. Fundraiser. Something in the not for profit arena.

6. Do you like to travel? If so, what is your favorite destination?
We're not travelers by any stretch of the imagination. I'm a homebody who married a homebody. My favourite destination is Uncle Dave's and Auntie Mel's up north. Love it... it may have something to do with the company though.

7. Are you an adventurous eater?
I wouldn't say so. More adventurous then some though.

8. How would you describe yourself?
Hmmmm. I have no idea.Quiet. Helpful. A hoot. This is tough.....

9. Have you ever met your online/blogger friends in real life? What was it like?
I have in fact. I met the lovely Widney Woman. She had to bribe me to get me there... I'm also pretty shy. I should of put that up there for number 8. I'm glad she thought to bribe me, because I absolutely loved meeting her. I finally met up with Karen from Virtually There, one of my oldest bloggy friends. It took us almost a full year to get our stuff together and actually meet in person. Just this past summer I got the chance to meet up with The Widney Woman again, this time with her Mr, who I hadn't met before. It's a really unique experience to meet someone IRL that you met online. Just before I met Karen I had a flash of "oh my this is going to be awkward" and then she got there and we sort of hit the ground running. It wasn't the least bit awkward and it really solidifies the relationship. By the time I met Mr WW this summer I was an old hat at the whole thing.

10. Do you have a best friend? How long have you known them?
I am a lucky girl because I have a gaggle of besties. Robin is el numero uno, though. We've been through tons together in the past couple of decades.

11. Do you still live in the same town where you grew up?And in the same house. It just kind of worked out that we were looking for a house and my Mom was faced with an empty nest sort of situation. It's weird, it doesn't feel like my childhood home, even as I sit at the same kitchen table that has been here for 20+ years. It feels like my kid's home.




So now the rules, they're pretty simple. Post your answers to these questions on your own blog in the next few days. Remember to link back here in your post and sign the Mr. Linky too, so we can all see what you have to say. Please make sure you link to your actual KMKY post and not your blog's front page. Any front page links will be deleted. And most importantly, have fun! Have suggestions for next months questions? Leave me a comment or send me an email and let me know.

3 comments:

Kaci said...

I get pretty bad at commenting too. It's hard, sometimes you just want to read and not clickity clack on the keyboard. =)

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I'm not as good about commenting these days either.

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Oh, and I think you may have forgotten to tag this under "Knowing Me, Knowing You" as I could not find it there...