Friday, August 04, 2006

Happy Birthday

Well it's Grandma Linda's birthday today. Now it's a well known fact that Grandma Linda is a pretty amazing lady and what better day than today to outline the... I don't know.... 55 reasons why she is.

1. Abby thinks Grandma Linda is pretty damn cool and if Abby thinks she is, well that's all I need to know.
2. She shares books with me.
3. She shares recipes with me.
4. She shares her family with me.
5. She's mucho supportive.
6. She's incredibly generous.
7. She's an amzing parent and grandparent.
8. She likes my family and friends.
9. She makes people feel welcome.
10. She makes an incredible white chocolate torte.
11. She's very encouraging.
12. She thinks Abby's incredibly bright.
13. She thinks we make beautiful babies.
14. She's willing to watch Maya even if she screams the whole time I'm gone.
15. She asks my advice.
16. She went swimming with Abby even though it was about 76 degrees.
17. She takes Abby for swimming lessons
18. She's organized a couple of very lovely showers for me.
19. She treats me to dinner.
20. She treats Abby to chocolate milk a with big lid.
21. She knows I hate anything cherry.
22. She knows I love all things blueberry.
23. And Kit Kat bars.
24. And People magazine.
25. She's the star of the drum corp.
26. She sings in the choir.
27. She plays with Abby on the floor even if she shouldn't with her knees.
28. She buys "just because" gifts.
29. She watches movies with Abby even if she's watched them before.
30. She lets Abby play with jewelry.
31. She lets Abby help with the cooking/baking.
32. She took Abby Christmas shopping so she could buy gifts for Mike and I.
33. She's very family oriented.
34. She was there to meet Abby right after she was born.
35. She so helpful after Maya was born and everything was a little crazy.
36. She waited to buy a new bed for the spare room until we said it was okay for Abby to sleep in a big girl bed.
37. She reads my blog.
38. She an integral part of us being able to manage our business.
39. She's always up for babysitting.
40. She makes delicious chocolate.
41. It was fun having a business with her.
42. She'll offer to take the kids so we can have a break.
43. She'll offer to take me out so I can have a break.
45. She might have gotten a little bit tipsy at our wedding.
46. She might only mind a little bit bit that we still bring that up.
47. She was very happy when I maybe got a little bit tipsy at Dave's wedding.
48. She travelled 2 hours to attend Dave and Mel's wedding.
49. She's had Dave and Mel for Christmas dinner.
50. She doesn't hold it against Dave that he made a cross table pass.
51. I know I could call her in the middle of the night for anything.
52. She loves Dad.
53. She loves Mike and I.
54. She loves the girls.
55. She makes us feel important.

No comments: