Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Love Letter

Dear Youtube

I know we only just met today, but I think.... no, I know I have fallen in love with you. I had, of course heard of you before. You are a well known and popular fellow around the internet. I never attempted to hook up with you before because I was already with dial up. And to be frank you and dial up don't always see eye to eye. It's not really dial up's fault. You just demand more than dial up is able to offer you. Then last week the unthinkable happened. Thursday night we spent at the fair, having a good time completely oblivious to the fact that The Office was celebrating it's season premiere at home all by itself. Now if I owned a TiVo it would have been all over that show, downloading a copy to it's hard drive and saving the day. Alas no TiVo graces the shelf above my TV and no one was home to manually hit record on my fuzzy reception decade old VCR. Oh the crushing sadness I felt over missing the season opening episode of the show I had been waiting all summer to see. How could I have been so foolish? So forgetful? A quick search of the local TV listings revealed that no one would be replaying that episode anytime soon. For some reason today I was feeling bold and sassy, dial up be damned I yelled I'm going to search youtube. A mere thirty second after I typed in The Office Season three I was staring at llinks to files that contained the season opening episodes in three parts. Part A. Part B. And Part C. Crisis averted! You saved the day Youtube. I love you!

P.S. You can buy gaydar online. Are you watching this show? No? You should be.

Speaking of TV, who's watching Dancing With the Stars? It's the battle of the former child stars out there, former Saved By The Bell heart throb Mario Lopez (who Mike is convinced is George Lopez's son just because they keep showing G.Lo in the audience, btw he's not) and former Gimmie a Break/Blossom cuite/hottie Joe, don't call me Joey, Lawrence who has his adorable little brother Matthew cheering him on week after week. Joe looks like the favourite to win, but only because Mario keeps breaking the rules (no lifts gentlemen, no separating from your partner) and pissing off the judges. Even though the judges ripped Mario a new on last week for failing to do the required dance he and his partner still blantantly ignored the rules and were docked 4 points for the infraction. Joe must be a slow learner since he and his partner decided to throw a handstand and a lift into their routine and received a lecture from the already pissed off judges. Let's see if they can clean their acts up next week. So who's going home this week? My money's on Jerry Springer. Vote Willa!!


No comments: