Monday, December 18, 2006

Another reason not to give Abby the combination to the wall safe.

A week or so ago Abby went out Christmas shopping with Grandma Linda and Papa. She had $5 in her little plastic purse in which to buy Christmas presents for her Dad, Maya and I. Judging by the size of the gifts she must have been paying very close attention to my lessons in frugality because she did very well for her $5.

Last night while her father and I were out on a date the girls were spending some quality time with Papa and Grandma Linda. Abby was very excited about going because Grandma Linda told her they could wrap up the Christmas presents. Upon our return the gifts were not only wrapped, but waiting in a Cotton Ginny bag to be taken home and placed under the tree. As we left to go home Abby grabbed the bag while muttering it was a secret and we weren't to look.

Once home Abby first priority was dealing with her bag of Christmas presents. Mike and Maya's went under the tree in the office with stern warnings not to peek because it was a secret. Mine she dropped unceremoniously in my lap.

"Here Mom. It's for you. It's two books. I'm going to wait until you're asleep and I'll stay up and sneak it under the tree. So don't peek. Okay Mom? Okay?"

2 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Yes, but she didn't say *which* books they were...very sneaky, this little one.

I like that :)

Shan said...

Oh yes she's one smart cookie. I know because she tells me she is all the time.