Wednesday, December 13, 2006

What's Cooking Wednesday - Butterscotch Confetti Squares

This is probably hands down my favourite "sweets" recipe. My Grandma would make these when I was a kid. More recently Grandma Linda has been my supplier. Then I got smart in my old age and started making them myself.

2006-12-10 001


Butterscotch Confetti Squares

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups butterscotch chips
2 heaping cups coloured mini marshmallows

Melt butter and peanut butter in a large saucepan. Stir in chips until melted. Cool mixture until you can hold your hand on the bottom of the pot. Add marshmallows and stir until coated. Spread evenly into a greased 9X9 pan. Refrigerate and cut into squares.

Recipe Notes: I would skip greasing the pan and instead line it with waxed paper. It's so much easier to cut into squares if you can lift the entire thing out since it does turn out very firm. This is a quick easy recipe that's very pretty in a tin to give as a gift to the bus driver, mail person, kid's teacher etc.

Can't get enough of What's Cooking Wednesday? Head on over to Bleeding Espresso and check out the International version.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like im old reading up recipes haha. :) 16 year old male wanting to cook, just because theyre so darn good!

Anonymous said...

I love these Squares they're so yummy I could eat them all the time . And P.S to the person who wrote the last comment check out allrecipes.com there are a ton of good recipes I find so many good ones there and the awesome thing is you can make your own cook book on it aswell just add recipes you like And I'm 16 too :D lol