Monday, April 23, 2007

Thought this was still a decade or so away.

Today they were calling for a high of 22, to which I say, thanks spring it's about time you showed up. In celebration of this warm weather because, really, who knows how long it will last, I picked out a pair of capris and a golf shirt for Abby to wear to school. I cannot begin to describe to you the freak out these innocent pink cargo capris unleashed. Once she was dressed, Abby sat on the couch sobbing and shouting, "I don't want to wear these!!"

Me: Abby, what is the problem?
Abby: I don't like these pants.
Me: Why not? They are nice pants.
Abby: Everyone's going to laugh at me.
Me: Nobody is going to laugh at you.
Abby: Yes, they will all laugh at me.
Me: Why will they laugh at you.
Abby: Because of all these pockets.

Yes, apparently cargo capris are just not done in j/k this year. In the end she negotiated with Mike to wear the golf shirt and jeans to school and she'd "practice" wearing the capris at home before attempting to wear them to school.

Her teen years are going to be so much fun!

2 comments:

L Sass said...

I think cargo capris are still stylish!

Abby is more cutting edge than me!

Shan said...

Way more than me too. I buy stuff for her what I *wish* I could buy for myself.