Wednesday, March 12, 2008

i guess not

Tonight I sat listening to Abby play with her Barbies. As per usual she had them engaged in some serious conversation and I, as always, was eager to listen. In her hands were two Barbies, a mermaid and a non-mermaid one.

"I have to go", says Abby, as mermaid Barbie. "I have to go to work. I work at the Orchestra."

I can't help, but wonder if she knows what an orchestra is.

"I have to go do orchestra things" And mermaid Barbie goes marching off, which is no small feat when you consider she has no legs.

4 comments:

Leah said...

how funny! I love when they start using bigger and bigger words! And when they run dialogue for the barbies adn polly pockets and my little ponies, etc... LOL!! I'll never forget my middle child (boy) telling his stuffed bear one day, "you made bad choices, TIME OUT!" at TWO YEARS OLD. I don't word things quite that way but WOW, scary to think of how I must sound sometimes if that's how he's going to treat his stuffed bear!!!

Melissa said...

Very cute. My kids say the cutest things when they dont know I am listening!!

Angela said...

I do love listening to kids conversations

Shan said...

leah - I know it's mind boggling some times isn't it?

Melissa - I know, Abby always clams right up if she notices I'm paying attention.

Angela - it's great isn't it?