Thursday, March 06, 2008

a meme

A little while ago I was tagged for a meme by the lovely Angela from over at Angela's Chocolate and Potatoes. Today seemed as good a day as any.

Rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 food facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them)
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

#1. I have some texture issues when it comes to food. I cannot eat anything with a really high mush factor, like oatmeal. I love the smell of oatmeal and I wish so bad that I could eat it, but I simply cannot get it past my lips.

#2. I do not like nuts in general. I love peanut butter (only Jif, smooth) and I will eat chocolate covered almonds. Oh and these great Bavarian Honey Nuggets from Picards Peanuts because they taste like candy and nothing remotely close to peanuts. I hate nuts in baking, especially walnuts.

#3. I don't like chocolate milk, chocolate milk shakes, however, are a whole other story. Triple love them.

#4. At big holiday dinners I'm all about the vegetables. The turkey and/or ham are a side dish for me. Load me up with brussel sprouts, squash and broccoli. All the things nobody else in my family will eat, so I don't bother to cook.

#5. I'm not allergic to any food items, but when I was pregnant I couldn't eat shellfish because Mike is deathly allergic. And you know I craved shrimp the entire time. I also voluntarily stopped eating peanut butter while pregnant. After the girls were born, both times Mike brought me a peanut butter sandwich to the hospital.

I'm not going to tag anyone specifically so you're all welcome to play along.

No comments: