Saturday, July 05, 2008

glad someone has noticed

For the last couple of days Mike has been plagued with a rather unfortunate medical issue that I'm not going to go into right now, but there are those out there that know of what I speak. Anyway I ended up at home early yesterday to take care of the girls and Michael as well. After what felt like a very long afternoon it was finally bedtime. Well somehow it ended up being way past bedtime, but I digress. So I get Maya settled in bed, then head down the hall to deal with Abby. As she's getting into bed she accidentally knocks her glass of water off the night stand.

At that point it was really something I could have done without, but what are you going to do? I let a sigh escape as I grabbed something to wipe it up. Abby is sitting on her bed watching me on my hands and knees drying up the spilled water when she says.....

Abby: Mom, you look like Cinderella.
Me: I do?
Abby: Yeah, you do everything around here, just like Cinderella.
Me: You think so?
Abby: Yep, you just to everything and then you go to bed. That's what Cinderella does.

5 comments:

Kellan said...

Wise little girl - huh!? How cute and SAD!

Take care and see you soon - Kellan

Mommy Project said...

LOL! Yep, that's mother-hood for ya' Abby..."you do everything, and then you go to bed".
Ba-ha-ha-ha. That is so cute!

Sorry you are under the weather, Mike. Hope you are feeling better soon. :(

Shan...I hope you got to relax at some point today at least!

Leah said...

awwwwwwww!!! I wish my husband would take note of that fact. LOL What a darling little girl Abby is

Shan said...

Kellan - yep it is.

Normie - Thanks for thinking of me.

Leah - I felt like asking her to go downstairs and relay that message to her Dad:)

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I'm so glad you have this blog. In later years when she forgets all that you do for her, maybe you can show her this...?