Tuesday, April 21, 2009

what's cooking wednesday

Well Whats Cooking Wednesday has been pre-empted by real life, once again. Tonight I am planning on a quiet low key night with my girls, my Michael and my Mom to acknowledge the passing of another year. I am touched and endlessly thankful for all the birthday well wishes on facebook and in real life. I am not one to get meloncholy about my brithday, but this year I had a myriad of little things bubble up on me unexpectedly. So I had a little cry which led Abby to ask her Dad "what did you do to her?" Which made me laugh and then cry some more while Mike proclaimed his innocence to a somewhat skeptical Abby. Nice to know, even at (almost) seven, she's got my back.

And since I'm pretty sure my What's Cooking Wednesday friends aren't all at home weeping over a bunch of little things that account for nothing on their own, I'm putting up the Mr. Linky to see what you're all cooking up in your kitchens.




What is What's Cooking Wednesday and how can I play?

What's cooking Wednesday was born out of a desire to get out of that what's for dinner rut. Playing is easy, on Wednesday post a recipe that has been tried and tested by you and then pop over here and add your name to the Mr. Linky. When entering your name also add the name of the recipe in brackets and make sure you link to your What's Cooking Wednesday post and not just your blog's front page. And don't forget to link back here, the home of What's Cooking Wednesday.

So for example I would write Shan (Speedy Chicken Stir Fry) in the name section. For the URL section I would post this: http://shanrev.blogspot.com/2007/10/whats-cooking-wednesday-speedy-chicken.html

I'll let you in on a little secret, my WCW recipes are almost never made on a Wednesday. So feel free to cook and photograph whenever you have time and join us posting on Wednesday

8 comments:

Kristina said...

Well, Happy Birthday! I wish I cooked so I could add to your WCW, but, unfortunately I don't. I hope you enjoy your day. And don't be worried about being emotional - it's a woman's prerogative!

Tessa said...

Happy Birthday - and happy days!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!! :)

Mommy Project said...

Oh no! You shouldn't be crying on your birthday (despite what the song says)!!! You have to tell me why you are blue. You're breaking my heart over here!!
Huge HUGS from across the way
-your much older (sigh) friend,
me.

darlene said...

its ok to have sum time off!......enjoy it!!...

Leah said...

Happy Birthday!!

and HILARIOUS about Abby asking her daddy what he did to you... That's so sweet.

PS I'm on facebook: Leah Smith, seattle, WA. Not my real name, not my real city, but the closest I'm willing to admit to the entire world, so there you have it. invite me as a friend (if you want)

Shan said...

Kristina - thanks

Tessa - thank you!

MP - Thanks for the hugs and goodness me you are not that much older.

Darlene - Thanks, I did.

Leah - yes I thought it was pretty funny myself. I am going to look you up now:)

Envelope Printing said...

Belated Happy Birthday!!! *throws confetti*
Hope your day was fun and extra special.
Thought that one was pretty funny too! But sweet :)