Friday, May 15, 2009

cake auction

Last week Abby's school held a Mother's Day cake auction. These are the cakes I made and donated.

010026


I loved the Mr. Men and Little Miss series of books when I was Abby's age. So I thought, in honour of Education Week, I'd attempt to recreate the cover of the books. I was happier with the Little Miss Giggles than I was with Mr. Nosey, but those were the best stencils I had when I was throwing this together at midnight, cause I'm stupid like that that's how I roll. Abby thought they were fantastic and was disappointed she didn't manage to win one of them. That makes the midnight cake decorating all worthwhile.

8 comments:

Kaci said...

They turned out great! You have mad skills! :)

Lynn said...

They're lovely! I hope they fetched a good price.

Unknown said...

WOW - these look amazing. You are so talented :)

Mommy Project said...

Those are so cute, Shan! And...so great for the kids to carry home (all I could picture was kids carrying home two layer cakes on plates...I didn't understand how that would work). sigh. My brain no work so good these days.
Anyway...
when are you opening up your bakery already?

Betsy Hart said...

Those are too cute!!

Julie said...

you need to figure out how you can ship your creations to Ottawa!!

Merry said...

Those are awesome! I loved those books when I was a kid. You are quite the cake/cookie decorator!

Loukia said...

Wow, amazing job on the cakes! You have some serious cake talent! I can't even ice a cupcake that I baked out of a box well! I also loved those books when I was younger.