Friday, July 17, 2009

friday high five - favourite evening pastimes

This past week Mike and I have been on holidays and while we haven't gone very far it's been a full and busy week. We got some little jobs around the house done and had lots of time left over for fun.

Angela's Adventures


So for this week's friday high five my favourite ways to pass an evening.

1. Watching a movie and knitting. Last night it was Wanted with Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy. While, admittedly I am a huge Angelina fan this was a great movie. Mike missed out on the first few minutes so he refused to watch it with me. His loss I figure. I also managed to get a few more rows finished on the scarf I've been working on for a hundred years. I hate the yarn I'm naking it with so I think that's the hold up.

2. Staying up way too late reading an really great book. Some time ago (my birthday? Christmas) my Mom gave me The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill. I have sucha backlog of books to read right now I hadn't even glanced it. Now Auntie Mel wants to borrow it and I just finished up the last book I was reading so I figured I'd better dive in before I handed it over to her because it will be a while before it makes it back to me.

3. Having dinner with family and friends. We've spent several nights this week in the company of some of our favourite people, talking, eating and laughing.

4. Lazy mornings in bed. Mike and I have been rearranging the furniture in our bedroom. We acquired a new (to us) dresser and side tables. It's more like a room for grown-ups now, but it seems like the whole family wants to hang out up there. So most mornings this week have found the girls in bed with us while we try to find something on the TV that everyone can agree on.

5. Taking pictures. I'm still trying to catch the perfect sunset over the farmer's field around the corner from my place, but it's been fun just to roam around the village with camera in hand and see what I come up with. I may have snapped a dozen or three of girls too.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Sounds like some great moments.

Smiles

Night Owl Mama said...

family am watching tv in mom & dads bed Fun! Fun! Fun! I too luv to take pictures

come by 4 a laugh

Betsy Hart said...

That does sound like good moments. I love just wandering with my camera!

Angela said...

Even though they are few and far between, I love lazy mornings in bed!! AND we all know I love taking pictures!!