Friday, August 21, 2009

friday high five - the diner

Whenever Mike and I watch Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, or Triple D is you're cool like us (HA!), talk inevitably turns to the "diner" we'd like to "open". It's just a little something to daydream about, although Papa thinks it's a good idea. Mostly because he's always on the look out for a good cup of coffee and a cheap breakfast. In our daydream our place would only be open for lunch and breakfast, so we'd still have some reasonably normal home life.

Angela's Adventures


So for this week's Friday High Five - what would be on the menu at our diner.

1. Soup - y'all know I love my soup. So we'd have soup of the day that would change according to my whim. Cauliflower and cheese, baked potato, hearty tomato pasta, the possibilities are endless.

2. Lasagna - I make several different lasagnas very well - creamy chicken, buffalo chicken, traditional, mexican. Mmmmm lasagna of the day.

3. Omelets, can be a breakfast place without omelets. I'm just going to have to work on my eggs skills. The taste I've got down, it's the actual cooking a bunch at once that would need work. Some of the egg guys/girls you see on Triple D are beyond impressive.

4. Sweets. How could I not offer up the various cakes and cookies I love to bake. Oh and pie. How could I forget pie? And cinnamon buns.

5. Grilled wraps. Yep, wraps are yummy and all, but they're even better if you throw them in a panini press. Mmmmm toasty and melty.

So what would you like to see on the menu?

6 comments:

Mommy Project said...

Can your restaurant have free Wi-Fi?

Merry said...

You gotta have kick butt pancakes. Buttermilk all the time & then a pancake special like blueberry or raspberry or apple cinnamon...YUM! For lunch....BLTs....

I would come visit!

Betsy Hart said...

What about pie? Or cake? Or both?

septembermom said...

I want to go to your restaurant. Everything sounds great! You make me think that I should spice up my lasagna.

Angela said...

Your menu sounds awesome! I love watching that show. My uncle who LOVES LOVES LOVES to cook got me hooked!!

Shan said...

MP - oh you know it D.

Merry - Great idea. Of course pancakes, one of Abby's favourite foods.

Betsy - pretty sure I mentioned both :) It wouldn't be mine with out some kick ass baking.

Septembermom - I'll save you a table.

Angela - it is a great show.