Here's another little meme I like to close the year out with....
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Made time for me to hang with my best girls.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I like to think of it as more of a to do list. I made one last year. I imagine I'll make one again this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
The Mommy Project had Baby Colie!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A gourmet kitchen.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The whole year was pretty great. I'll hold it close to my heart.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
My first attempt at Maya's birthday cake.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the kids colds and flus.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hmmm not sure.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The Abster and MyPie. For the most part.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Ummm Charlie Sheen?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Groceries, bills and the babysitter.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
All the fun social events we had this year. Jammie movie night of course!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Single Ladies because Abby won't stop singing it.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
same same same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Family Fun Nights.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With my terrific family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I certainly did.
22. How many one-night stands?
None that I know of.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Modern Family, no question.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
What's the point?
25. What was the best book you read?
The Book of Negroes. I cannot recommend it enough.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
A breadmaker. Thanks girls!!.
28. What did you want and not get?
I have no complaints.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had dinner with my Mom, Mike and the kids.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
It was pretty great as is.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
33. What kept you sane?
My family, my friends and the internet.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Environment related issues.
36. Who did you miss?
My Dad, Papa Joyce, Ricky, my grandparents.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Well I don't want to call her out by name because I don't know if she's down with that, but she and her family of course, they are definitely up there. Oh and my Jersey Girls. I realize I've met them all before, but this is the first year we've really done some hardcore hanging out. Thanks for that ladies. Looking forward to more great movies in 2010 .
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Good friends are the best!
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
You know there isn't just one that jumps out at me this year. I blame the demise of Country 95.3. I never listen to the radio anymore. I just keep throwing my Tim McGraw greatest hits in the cd player.