Saturday, April 17, 2010

knowing me, knowing you - april

Boy oh boy I am way late on the knowing me, knowing you thing. I'm not quite sure where April has gotten to all of the sudden. Seems like it's just flying by.

1. Do you have a library card?

I used to, back in the day. I think I may get one again. There are so many books I want to read, like Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson to name just one, that it seems like it would be very cost effective for me. Also, Abby brought home a library card application from school and she's very into the idea of her own library card.

2. To carry on with the theme, would you purchase a digital reader like a kindle?

I have to say initially I thought yes, I'd like to have one. Giving it further thought, I can't imagine curling up in bed with a kindle instead of an actual book. Just doesn't seem right.

3. Which night of the week is fright night (aka your busiest night of the week)?

Thursday, no question. Abby gets off the bus and Grandma Sandi takes her right to the stable for riding lessons. Actually Abby has a snack while Grandma gets her horse ready for her riding lesson at 4:30. Abs has a half hour riding lesson and then it's home for 90 minutes-ish and off to church for a half hour choir practice. I really don't like the girls to be involved in a lot of activities. Seems hard to believe with that schedule. Really it's the only two things she's involved in and it's a fluke they happen on the same day. We could change her riding lesson day, but there's no guarantee we'd get the same teacher and we all really like the teacher. Soon, choir will be on hiatus for the summer and we took the winter off riding lessons, so they only overlap for a short time. Another thing that makes it work is the stable and the church are less than 5 minutes away from our house.

4. Watching Idol? Who are you picking to win?

I'd give it to either Crystal or Siobhan.

5. Do you have a clothesline?

I do and I use it all the time, in the nicer weather. Love the way the clothes, especially sheets smell after they've been line dried. I even had sheets out there today, hoping I could beat the rain.... I didn't, but it wasn't the first time I've been pulling clothes of the line in the rain.




So now the rules, they're pretty simple. Post your answers to these questions on your own blog or play on facebook in the next few days. Remember to link back here in your post and sign the Mr. Linky too, so we can all see what you have to say. Please make sure you link to your actual KMKY post and not your blog's front page. Any front page links will be deleted. And most importantly, have fun! Have suggestions for next months questions? Leave me a comment or send me an email and let me know.

5 comments:

allison said...

Yay, I'd forgotten about this -- post fodder for Monday. Could you email me and tell me where your daughter rides? Eve has been horse-crazy since she was eighteen months old and practically lunged out of my arms for a ride at the school fun fair and I'd love to check it out. I hear ya on the scheduling difficulty -- it's manageable with Eve but my hideously unco-ordinated until he was three or four son then turned into a natural fairly kick-ass athlete, which has been a huge pain in the butt.

Goofball said...

1. yes I use it a lot

2. nope, I'm watching an electronic screen way too many hours per day (computer + tv) so lets not do that additionally to read books!

3. Wednesdays when I have to rush to get at choir rehearsal in time

4. nope they don't broadcast Idol anymore in Belgium. it stopped after 4 editions but I never liked it then either.

5. I throw everything but wool in the dryer.

Betsy Hart said...

YAY! I got mine posted. I have missed reading your blog, sorry about the lack of love. My life suddenly got busier than I could handle.

Bibliomama said...

okay, done. Didn't link before, hope I did it right.

Eos Mom said...

Hi, I'm participating for the first time. :-)