Monday, August 23, 2010

family fun fair

Recently our church held their first family fun fair. We had plans to go, but they were somewhat derailed. I give big thanks to my Michael for getting everything back on track. It meant a whole lot to me. Love that guy!

Anyway the folks that worked on it put together a nice little event. It was hotter than hades, but we still managed to have fun....


020012


The girls played games and then got to collect a goodie bag at the end.

020017


They waited in line for face painting, balloon animals, and temporary hair dye.

020023


She wanted a dolphin.

020026


MyPie wanted a butterfly.

020025


Abby wanted red hair. Maya didn't want them coming near her.

020027


Then this guy showed up on his old timey bike.

020029


Abby looked for a needle in a haystack. No real needles, but there was lots of candy and whistles hidden in there. Yay for the candy, boo for the whistles!

020030


And MyPie got to shoot a water cannon.

Big kudos for the volunteers who put that all together. Can you imagine something like that was happening in my 'hood and I managed not to volunteer myself. Shocking! It was super awesome to attend something like that as a guest! Mike & I also won big at the silent auction, Scoring ourselves gift certificates for 2 restaurants and another one for an evening of bowling with the kiddos.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Looks great! Love a good fun fair.

Bibliomama said...

I want red hair!

Goofball said...

looks like fun

how long will the red hair last?