Tuesday, June 28, 2011

what's cooking wednesday - quesadillas

One of our favourite go-to easy dinner is quesadillas, which are known as sardines in our house. The Abster had just started school and one day she asked me if I would make her a sardine for her lunch. I was pretty sure she didn't want an actual sardine in her lunch, but it took us a little while to figure out what that was in English. Turns out it was a quesadilla.... who knew?

The great thing about "sardines" is there's no limit to the combinations you can come up with. Abby likes hers with ham, cheese and mustard. I place all of that on a flour tortilla, fold it in half and toss it on the barbecue. Keep the heat lowish and watch it carefully, they can burn easily.

It's a great way to use up leftovers. Mike and I had ours with the leftover grilled chicken breast and shredded cheese from last night's dinner. I added some sliced mushrooms, onion and a drizzle of buffalo wing sauce. So yummy.

I love that it's easily customized to each family members tastes and cooking them on the bbq means I can cook all four at once. Dinner is on the table in no time.




What is What's Cooking Wednesday and how can I play?

What's cooking Wednesday was born out of a desire to get out of that what's for dinner rut. Playing is easy, on Wednesday post a recipe that has been tried and tested by you and then pop over here and add your name to the Mr. Linky. When entering your name also add the name of the recipe in brackets and make sure you link to your What's Cooking Wednesday post and not just your blog's front page.

*All front page links will be deleted!*
*Posts that aren't linked back will be deleted*
*Posts that don't include some sort of a recipe will be deleted*

Don't make me be a jerk. And don't forget to link back here, the home of What's Cooking Wednesday.

So for example I would write Shan (Speedy Chicken Stir Fry) in the name section. For the URL section I would post this: http://shanrev.blogspot.com/2007/10/whats-cooking-wednesday-speedy-chicken.html

I'll let you in on a little secret, my WCW recipes are almost never made on a Wednesday. So feel free to cook and photograph whenever you have time and join us posting on Wednesday

5 comments:

Lisa~~ said...

Quesadillas are a hit in our house too, easy and fast to make and everyone gets what they like inside.

Heidi said...

A great twist on grilled cheese, love quesadillas!

Jill said...

Hi,
I shared my homemade almond flour with a video!

Krysta said...

Thanks for hosting the link up!

Goofball said...

oooh quesadillas are great and you can indeed use them to eat left overs or tailor the meal to different tastes