Sunday, February 12, 2012

sunday randoms

So I bought another bottle of laundry detergent, brings my total to 11 bottles now I think. Definitely turning into a detergent hoarder. Sigh.

Also scored an awesome pair of winter boots. Regular price.... $59, but I paid the bargain basement price of $19. It's the first pair of winter boots I've owned in years. I only bought them because it finally snowed in these parts and we've been spending Sunday afternoons hiking the trails with some friends and their kids.

Speaking of which this Sunday's walk was more of a trudge. The snow wasn't too deep, but deep enough that us adults all felt the extra work involved. Mike, wisely, suggested we walk a part of the trail that is a bit more secluded, so weather wise it was a nice little walk.

Also this happened...


2012-02-13_0021


That's MyPie holding hands with my friend! Anytime she lets go of mine hand in favour of someone else's is a big deal.

Also, would you believe...


2012-02-13_0008


This was our walk last Sunday. And...


2012-02-13_0016


And that's what this week's looked like. We are having a weird winter.


2012-02-13_0015


The girls and I have matching winter hats.

Oh and the biggest disappointment of the weekend was being thisclose to Merry and neither of us realizing it until it was too late. Yep. Merry is one of my oldest and best bloggy friends and seeing as how she lives on the other side of the country the odds of us meeting are slim. So I almost fell off my chair when I saw her tweet saying she'd checked into a museum 15 minutes from my house. I, of course, tweeted her back right away to make sure I was reading the information correctly. By the time she saw my tweet their layover was pretty much over. Of all the rotten luck!! Oy! What was super adorable was Mike being completely disappointed for Merry and I having missed each other. He's a keeper that one.

2 comments:

Goofball said...

oh how frustrating to have missed your friend.

Betsy Hart said...

Looks like a good couple walks though. =)