Tuesday, February 21, 2012

what's cooking wednesday - gyro meatloaf

My girl ML got me a subscription to Taste of Home for Christmas... does she know me or what? So I figured I better put it to good use right away.

I made this right before we went to Toronto, so I didn't get a picture of it in the rush to get everything done. Ooops.

Gyro Meat Loaf

1 pkg (10oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
1 cup bread crumbs
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup romano cheese
2 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 lbs ground beef or ground lamb
tzatziki sauce

In a bowl mix everything together except the meat and the tzatziki. Add the meat and mix until well combined. Place in a loaf pan or shape into a loaf and bake on a tinfoil lined baking sheet. Bake in a oven preheated to 350 degrees F for 60 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Top slices with tzatziki.

Recipe Notes: Mike and I both really enjoyed this. The kids wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Pfffft, they don't know what's good for them. I made this with one pound of ground beef and one pound of ground pork just because that is what I had in the freezer. We also had some feta in the fridge so we crumbled a bit on top with the tzatziki. I served it with rice and a green salad. Can't wait to make this one again.






*All front page links will be deleted!*
*Posts that aren't linked back will be deleted*
*Posts that don't include some sort of a recipe will be deleted*

Don't make me be a jerk. And don't forget to link back here, the home of What's Cooking Wednesday.

So for example I would write Shan (Speedy Chicken Stir Fry) in the name section. For the URL section I would post this: http://shanrev.blogspot.com/2007/10/whats-cooking-wednesday-speedy-chicken.html

I'll let you in on a little secret, my WCW recipes are almost never made on a Wednesday. So feel free to cook and photograph whenever you have time and join us posting on Wednesday

No comments: