Tuesday, November 27, 2012

mystery solved

Many weeks ago Maya and Abby had their school pictures taken. The proofs came home, we chose our favourite picture and sent them back with cheques attached. Shortly after I noticed one of the cheques had been cashed and Maya came home with her school pictures. Abby came home with nothing.

Every other day we have the same conversation....
Me: Did you get your pictures today?
Abby: No.
Me: Hmmmmm.
Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Last week the other cheque for pictures was finally cashed so I've been asking Abby just about every day if she got her pictures yet and the answer is always the same, until yesterday....

Me: Did you get your pictures today?
Abby: Nope.
Me: Well I think I'm going to email Mrs. Principal and see what I should do.
Abby: Ummmm
Me: Ummm what?
Abby: Well, I handed in my picture form late.
Me: What's this now?
Abby: I forgot I had to hand it in, so I didn't give it to them until the came back on picture retake day.
Me: Really?!
Abby: They said it was fine and I would get my pictures when they sent the retakes back.
Me: Really?! Why didn't you just tell me that the first 75 times I asked you about it?
Abby: I thought you'd be mad at me.

I have to admit I'm still baffled why she didn't just explain to me what was going on. I'm far from an ogre. I don't routinely lose my shit about the little stuff like that. It certainly would have cleared up, very quickly and easily I might add, the biggest mystery I had going on in my life right now... I mean besides how they get the caramel in the caramilk bar. Kids.

No comments: