Not only is it my year of 40, it's Mike's year as well. We grew up at the same time, in the same area so you would think that our childhood experiences would be similar and they are in many ways, but.......
Movies from our childhood that Mike has never seen.... oh, this is embarrassing......
1. The Goonies (Please, contain your shock until the end)
2. Dirty Dancing (And yet he still often tells me that nobody puts baby in a corner)
3. Ferris Bueller's Day Off (What?!)
4. Sixteen Candles (Which I can kinda let go beause it has a girly premise and he's all about car chases, but it's John Hughes, so there's no excuse)
5. The Breakfast Club used to reside here, but he's finally seen it. I'm not sure that he's seen all of The Princess Bride which is a crying shame because it's all kinds of awesome.
So there you have it... I know, I know he's a disgrace to his generation. I'm thinking part of the year of AWESOME will be taking care of this list.
How many of these have you seen?