Tuesday, April 02, 2013

one year

Happy anniversary to me. It's been a year since I started running "seriously". Really? Only a year? It seems like it's been way longer then that. In that time I've gone from not being able to run to the mailbox, to running 5k and completing 4 races. I'm still kind of surprised at that. Who knew there was a sport out there I'd actually enjoy competing in...... and yes I am using competing loosely here. Don't worry first placers, there's not a chance I will challenge you for the win. Hell I'm happy to get some hang time with my favourite running peeps (Kim!! and sometimes KK!!), score a new shirt and not come in last.

581167_10151165090681011_1827532403_n


Running has been tough this winter. Treadmill runs suck ass! I am happy that I didn't lose too much of my mad skillz, I ran the Around the Bay 5k in the same time I ran the Road to Hope last November. What's on tap for the rest of the year? Well I'm not quite sure. Kim's invited/challenged me to join her in running a 10k she's signed up for and I'm very very tempted. Hell, I'll probably end up doing it. It's not until November so lots of time to train. My goal is to run most of it and finish in less than one hour and fifty minutes. No, I haven't spent much time thinking about it at all, why do you ask? Pretty great way to wrap up the year of AWESOME, right? Thanks KK for pointing that out! 10k here I come!

5 comments:

Julie said...

rock star! you must be crazy proud of yourself! as you should be. :)

Mis(s)Mannered Mom said...

Happy Runniversary!!! What an awesome year! And um...you can TOTALLY do a 10K!

Betsy Hart said...

I am totally ready to get back into running. My injury has me sidelined for awhile, but I WILL BE BACK! lol. I am so proud of you though. My goal is a half by my thirtieth (5-18-14)

CutiiPromoRO said...

I am your new follower, I like very much your blog.

Goofball said...

wow you are awesome.. I started to run up to 5k start-to-run program 3 times and never completed it, even though I had set the goal to run a race of 8k last december ....which I didn't end up doing.


pfff I should, can't get myself to do it