Saturday, May 11, 2013

eeek

So in the midst of this crazy upside down sort of a week I thought it would be a good idea to fill up the empty bird feeder. The bag of bird seed was sitting, open and upright in the garage. I peered inside before I picked it up, we do live in the sticks after all and mice are a really big bugaboo for me. Ick and yuck and all manner of things in between. Yes I know that I am bigger than they are and they are more scared of me..... blah blah blah, but I will scream the house down if I come across one.

So back to the garage, I peer inside and see nothing, so I figure I'm good to go. I move the bird seed to the walkway and go and get the bird feeder. So far so good. Here's where it gets sticky and a little embarrassing for yours truly. I start pouring bird seed into the bird feeder and out plops a mouse..... ALIVE..... right into the feeder. Oh my heavenly stars the scream I let out. You know the kind I'm talking about, total terrified girl scream that stopped my neighbour dead in his tracks in his yard where he was moving dirt.

Snake? he yelled across the yard.

No, I squeaked out, a mouse. I'm sorry, I called over waving my hands to indicate that I was fine. Only my heart was still pounding in my chest and the mouse was doing crazy laps around the inside of the bird feeder trying to find a way out. There was only one clear way to handle it.... I booked it back inside and sent Mike out to deal with it, while I watched from the window.

3 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

That is exactly what I would have done! LOL

Goofball said...

:)

Lynn said...

Totally what I would have done, too! Once I came home late at night to find the garage open, and a mouse running around on the floor inside. I ran to the door to the house and pounded on it like I was being chased by an axe murderer. My husband raced to the door to let me in...he was pretty unimpressed when he found out I was being hotly pursued by a mouse. Still gives me the willies just thinking about it, though. EEP.