Saturday, June 22, 2013

relay number three

So we did it, my fabulous Jersey Girls and I. We survived another Relay for Life. This was our third time participating in this fundraising event for the Canadian Cancer Society and our most ambitious fundraising year yet. So how did we do?

7pm - They are my Dream Team every day! #JerseyGirlsR4L


In a word we did awesome. Did we make our $5,000 goal, no we did not. Not this year, but we got damn close and we've already set our sights on next year. So, while not hitting our mark this year may sting for a minute or two... well if we take a minute to look at the big picture......

We did it again! Thank you everyone. #JerseyGirlsR4L


We celebrated this year as a three time Dream Team and helped to light up HOPE. I was asked to pick three members of the team to do this and it wasn't an easy decision, but I went with my partner in organizing crime ML and my sister-in-law Auntie KK as she was our highest fundraiser this year, bringing in just a shade under $800 all on her own.

10pm - Lighting up HOPE. 
#JerseyGirlsR4L


We sold 42 luminaries that helped light our way as we walked all night. Our spaghetti dinner brought in 3 times what we made last year. We shared laughs, hugs, tears, trips to the bathroom, cupcakes, junk food, laps around the track, text messages, and pictures. We took selfies, told inappropriate stories and there may have been a prank or two pulled. Remember how awesome sleepovers were when you were eleven.... it's like that only ten times better. Until you get to about 4am, then the going gets a little tough, but you also get a bit punch drunk and everything seems incredibly hilarious.

Our third Relay, in my opinion, was the best one yet. There was just so much love and fun..... I hope the rest of the JG's all felt it too.

So lets talk numbers, shall we.... I know the Jersey Girls are all waiting to hear what our final tally was. This year I am so proud and excited to tell you that we raised $4,626.80! In the past three years we've raised $11,827.60 for the Canadian Cancer Society. Thank you to all who have supported us this year and in years past. It is very much appreciated.

7am - We made it! Now time to sleep. #JerseyGirlsR4L


And to my Jersey Girls, there is nobody else I would want to do this with. I thank you for signing up to go on the adventure with me every year. I love you all so much xo

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow. Just wow. You are an inspiration.

Goofball said...

Congratulations! Well done