Saturday, December 11, 2021

30/52 - The Resurrection of Jake the Snake


 The Resurrection of Jake the Snake (2015) - Well after watching the Dark Side of the Ring docuseries, we fell down a bit of a rabbit hole. My husband had already seen this particular documentary about WWF/WWE super star Jake the Snake Roberts and his struggle to put his life back together after years of addiction. 

This one was both depressing and hopeful. I mean you see this guy trying so hard to put a life time of garbage behind him, abusive childhood, addiction, family abandonment and you can't help, but hope this poor guy finds some peace because it is true what they say, hurt people, hurt people. I don't know if I would call it a hard hitting documentary, there is a decent amount of Diamond Dallas Page self promotion to it, but if it ultimately helps him get well, I'm not mad about it. 

We watched this on Amazon Prime Video.

No comments: