Thursday, April 06, 2006

A lot of Randomness

I know you're all dying for a diet update. No? Well let's pretend you are. I have to say last week was a crummy week for eating and exercise. It just seemed like I had no time to myself. Plus we ran out of milk so that meant no delicious shakes for me and way more peanut butter sandwiches then necessary. Last night I managed to find time to torture myself on the stationary bike while watching the food network. Ages and ages ago before I had kids and I had time to devote to my stationary bike I used to track how far I had ridden. I would select a destination and "ride" there. I managed to get all the way to Michigan. I thought setting a goal like that would be helpful this time as well. So where would I most like to visit? Peterborough. Pretty exotic, don't you think? Why in the hell would I pick Peterborough? Well it's only 218 km, so it's a nice reachable goal to get me started and, bonus, I could visit Dave and Mel while I'm there. So far I've travelled 20 km on the bike. I also purchased myself a pedometer so I'll be adding my walking km's as well. So far today I've walked nearly 3000 steps which equals 2 km+. So Dave and Mel leave the porch light on, I'll be there soon.

Now what about the debt diet? Well no real big news there. This is our first month with our new and improved budget. In celebration Mike, Abby and I went grocery shopping with our list, coupons, grocery money in cash and a calculator. Mike agreed to be on calculator detail but was mortified at the size of the calculator I gave him. Apparently the old style adding machine with the crank handle wasn't discreet enough for him. Perhaps next week I'll bring the abacus. Maybe that will be more to his liking. Our ultimate goal is to pay down our debt and sock some money away for the future. I'll let you know it the first month goes.

In another first for me. I had "Chacha" over to play with Abby yesterday afternoon. I knew that since Abby had been over there I would have to return the favour. So while we were out for our walk we stopped by and asked if Chacha wanted to come home with us. I took the way her Mom's eyes rolled back in her head with obvious ecstasty as a yes and I headed home with an extra 3 year old. Abby had been begging for this for days and I kept putting her off. I know I'm a horrible Mom denying my little girl real friends. As much as I was nervous about Abby spending time at our neighbour's house I was equally nervous about her spending time here. For all the same reasons. What if the girls didn't place "nice"? What if she was a holy terror? Were my parenting skills now going to be judged by a three year old and what she would relate to her mom about her visit to our house.

Once at our house the girls opted to watch a movie, Monsters Inc. They sat all squished together on Abby's fold out Dora couch. Then I started wondering... what if her Mom doesn't like her to watch TV/movies. What if she gets annoyed thinking I brought them back home and parked them in front of the TV. Left with your own thoughts too long anybody can go crazy. So there I was in the toy room with the girls pulling out whatever I thought would catch their attention. I finally managed to get them interested in the Dora dollhouse and when that got old I pulled out the dress up stuff. I even snapped some way cute pictures and printed them for Chacha to take home. Just a little photographic evidence to help with that judging process.

Speaking of pictures..... Serving hard time isn't pretty, so this might be hard to look at.

2006-04-05 004

Abby in the time out chair after slapping Maya's bottle out of her mouth.

No comments: