Saturday, June 03, 2006

No Rain Please

Today is the big day. Abby's birthday party. We're having a family bbq this afternoon. The forecast is currently calling for rain this afternoon, so if you have any spare time on your hands and are so inclined holler up a few prayers for Abby that the bad weather passes us by. We do have a nasty looking dark cloud hanging over the house right now, but I see lots of blue sky poking through the clouds around us. I really hope it doesn't rain. I will be online obsessively checking the Environment Canda Website all day. Abby has so been looking forward to having all her friends over to play with her in the bouncer for her birthday. In fact yesterday Abby was at the sitters while my Mom and I produced these masterpieces.


2006-06-03 016

2006-06-03 014


Yes I know Dora's a bit on the dark side, but it really looked okay in the bowl. I will admit they aren't blue ribbon award worthy, but I'm highly impressed with my third and fourth attempts at cake decorating. I will however not take responsibility for Strawberyy shortcake's eyes... that was all Mom. This is the kind of thing that hapens when I leave her unsupervised. Today is actually Kailey's birthday (Abby's is tomorrow) so we made up a cake for her too. Her Mom is sweet/awsome/great/wonderful enough to spend her daughter's birthday with my daughter so it's the absolute least I could do.

Okay back to Abby being at the sitter's. Mike said as she was leaving yesterday she hollered out "Bye Victoria, sorry I have to leave but my birthday's coming up and your'e all invited." So yeah no rain would be awesome.

My Mom, the stereotypical over indulgent grandparent, got Abby a pinata for her birthday. The thing is filled with so much candy I'm not sure how we'll ever get it hoisted up into a tree. Now it's important to know that Michael loves America's Funniest Home Video and specifically any and all clips deal with a)pinatas; b)men getting hit in the groin; c)all of the above. Is he still planning on giving the children a bat-like object to beat the hell out of said pinata? What is yes.

Related SidebarYes, I realize that Dora wears yellow socks and not the pink ones that I have her depicted wearing in my cake design above. Mom felt rather than making up a batch of yellow icing we could make Dora's socks pink and Abby would never notice. Now Abby's sitter is somewhat of an artist and the kids in her care get a water colour from her for their birthdays. Abby's was of Dora this year and Lyn painted her wearing pink socks. When Abby arrived home with the painting I was commenting on how nice it was and asked Abby if she liked it. She answered, "Yeah, but Dora wears yellow socks not pink Mom."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are friggin' awesome! Good job.