Friday, June 02, 2006

Can't Well All Just Get Along?

Well folks it seems like Madonna and the Catholic Church are at it again. Insert shocked face here! Now I'm not a subscriber to the Catholic religion, but I like to think I'm a friend to all religions, so I'm offering up this advice; stop giving Madonna free advertising. I appreciate that she has offended your religion once again by wearing a crown of thorns and crucifying herself on a mirrored cross, but surely you have to see a pattern here? Now I'm no Madonna insider, but I have to imagine that the pre-tour marketing meeting went something like this;

Marketing Exec: Well Madonna we've designed a wide variety of advertising and marketing campaigns to generate some hype about your Confessions Tour. We have ads for print, web and radio. We've set up interviews with all the important media outlets and personalities, but we were kind of hoping......
Madonna: That I would stir up some controversy with the Catholic Church?
Marketing Exec: Yeah, would you mind because that kind of stuff is like money in the bank.
Madonna: Sure no problem.

As the old saying goes, there's no such thing as bad press and let's be honest here, your admonishments have had absolutely no effect on her in the last 20 years. So maybe, just maybe, it's time to try a different tactic.

An Only Vaguely Related Sidebar Former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell (Ginger Spice) recently gave birth to a baby girl and named her...... Bluebell Madonna Halliwell. I don't even know where to start with that one. You can't make shit like that up. What kind of baby name books to they sell over there in Merry Ole England?

No comments: