Saturday, July 22, 2006

Happy Birthday Robin

Robin, as many of you know, is my BFF and today is her birthday. So in celebration of her I give you the 36 reasons I love her. Why 36? I'm not sure, but it has nothing to do with how old she is.

In no particular order:

1. She's been there for all the important moments in my life.
2. I was with her (and Tim) when Courtney and Nikki were born.
3. She asked me to be Breanne's Godmother.
4. She's Abby's Godmother (Tim's her Godfather)
5. She was my maid of honour.
6. She gives me back rubs and head massages, just because.
7. She paints my nails.
8. Last week she showed up with a big ass jar of Cheez Whiz for Abby because Abby loves big ass jars of Cheez Whiz.
9. She's generous.
10. She gives great gifts.
11. She asks me for recipes and actually uses them.
12. She wants to hold Maya, even when she's screaming.
13. She makes an awesome dessert that involves copious amounts of chocolate pudding, brownies and Crispy Crunch bars.
14. She reads my blog.
15. She's friends with my Mom.
16. When Abby was born she was at the hospital at 4 in the morning to meet her.
17. When Maya was born she came on a mission of mercy with my Mom to keep me from cracking up.
18. She always hugs me when we say goodbye.
19. Mike and I (and the kids) were the only invitees to her birthday dinner tonight
20. She's an amazing Mom.
21. She parents 4 girls on her own all week while Tim's away at work.
22. They were all at Abby's birthday party even though it was the same day as Kailey's.
23. When Maya was in the hospital she arrived with large amounts of food so I wouldn't have to worry about cooking.
24. She's been known to run an errand or two for me.
25. Our wedding wouldn't have been half as lovely if it wasn't for all her hard work.
26. She and Tim organized a really great Buck and Doe for us.
27. She treats me to lunch.
28. She listens to me vent.
29. When I'm bitching about something she's always on my side.
30. She's supportive.
31. She will and has gone out of her way to do something special for us.
32. Robin and Tim have been on every major vacation Mike and I have ever taken.
33. She travelled 2 hours to attend my brother's wedding.
34. Okay so I got a little tiipsy at my brother's wedding and Robin helped me appear presentable in front of my sister-in-law's parents.
35. She put my tipsy ass to bed that night.
36. Unlike some other people she has never again brought up the topic of my drunken night of shame.

Happy birthday Robin. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're better than I deserve. Love you!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to Robin just remember she was my friend first! lol
I will happily share!
Love ya
mom