Wednesday, November 22, 2006

What's Cooking Wednesday - Cheesecake Brownies

The holiday baking series continues with some very yummy brownies. I love cheesecake brownies. Well I love cheesecake anything, who are we kidding here? These are a great holiday treat because they're a lower fat version.

CreamCheese Brownies


Cheesecake Brownies

1 pkg (440g) brownie mix
1/4 cup applesauce
2 egg whites, divided
2 tbsp water
125g light cream cheese (brick style)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix brownie mix, applesauce, one of the egg whites and water. Pour into an 8 inch square baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

Mix cream cheese, sugar, flour and remaining egg white until well blended. Spoon over brownie batter. Cut through batter with a knif e several times for a marble effect.

Bake 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out wiht fudgy crumbs attached. So not overbake. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 16 pieces.

Recipes Notes: I have no notes. Nothing to say. It's great just the way it is. I really love having a lower fat treat to make for the holidays. Especially one that tastes as good as this. 5/5

2 comments:

Sam said...

OMG You are a women after my own heart, these look absolutly amazing! I am sure to make these after I get to North Bay and get the cream cheese that is on sale, maybe I even have a coupon. :)

Shan said...

Coupons are good.

Buy Duncan Hines brownie mix, if you collect Kid's Futures/Futura UPC's you can submit the receipt and the UPC. It's like getting 50 cents off.