Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Throw Down

A gauntlet. My brother has one and he's thrown it down. What's the kerfuffle about, you ask? Well it all stems from this post. Now I was joking when I said our budget for Christmas was $5 per person this year. It's really more like $7. Maybe $7.50 if the kids go without milk. So in an effort to totally stress me out help me out financially. He has directed me to make his Christmas present. With my own two hands.

Well ack. Ack! Double ack! Dave, I hope you realize it's important that your expectations are low.

2 comments:

Snoskred said...

You know, I've got into painting lately. If you go to the cheap bargain shop you can probably find cheap canvasses (I got mine for less than $2) and some paints, and make them *all* a present.

And if you want to make it even easier on yourself, paint the background of the picture all one color, then use stamps with metallic gold paint to add nice stamps over the top.

It's just a thought. ;) And who knows, you might really enjoy it. I'm totally into painting now.. :)

I'm trying to visit as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can and I thought I'd say hi, I liked your blog.. :)

Shan said...

Thanks for the suggestion. That's a great project. I think I've come up with something that would be better suited for my brother, but I'm going to keep that idea in mind for gifts for other people. I actually buy canvases at the dollar store for my daughter to paint on.

Thanks for stopping by.