Saturday, January 13, 2007

Winding down.

This is it, we're getting down to the wire. The last few sands are slipping through the hour glass. My baby's going to be one and it's time to go back to work. On Monday. And everybody wants to know how I feel about it.

So how do I feel about it. Well, I don't know. Ambivalent, maybe. I'm certainly not going back because I want to. It's definitely a "have to" situation. When I was getting ready to go back to work after my time off with Abby I was sick to my stomach anxious about for the last 3 months of my mat leave. Oh and let's not forget the eye-twitching. Yes, a full two weeks of stress induced eye twitching. Good times. This time there has been no twitching to speak of, no upset stomach and no weeping.

There are even some things I am looking forward to. I love the girls I work with and I've really missed them. Sure I've talked to them and even seen them since I've been off, but it's not that same as it is when you spend 40-ish hours a week with people. I'm also pretty excited about the new ultra organized lifestyle we're going to have to start living. With two girls who are at the sitter's part time, home with grandma part time, one in school part time, one getting picked up by the neighbour part time and let's not forget lunches and bags to pack. Someone's I'm going to have to stay on top of all that or... well I don't even want to think about the or. Basically, I guess, there's good and bad about it, but it is what it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

breathe in breathe out, one breath at a time you will get through it. Don't forget you have two helpers (so let them help) and Maya will just keep smiling through it all.