Saturday, May 26, 2007

new furniture and a compromise

Today Mike and Papa picked up our new-to-us furniture. I thought I might feel at least a pang of sadness as the old stuff headed out the door, but as it turns out no. Not even a little bit. That poor couch has been through hell and back and it doesn't owe us anything. Mike put it at the end of the driveway in the hopes someone would pick it up and save him a trip to the dump. I was pretty sure it was wishful thinking on his part and that was before the rain storm.

2007-05-25 001


I have to admit I wasn't exactly sure about this furniture when we agreed to buy it, but now that it's our living room I really love it. It's also incredibly comfortable and Zebby was clearly happy with the purchase since she slept the entire afternoon away on it.

2007-05-25 004


That is until Maya got up from her nap.

2007-05-25 007


Tonight we had dinner with Robin, Tim and the girls. On the way home, way past the kids bedtime of course, and Abby calls out to Mike from the back row of the van;

Abby: Dad can you close your window.
Mike: I'll close it half way.
Abby: No! I want you to close it all the way.
Me: Abby, Daddy's going to close it half way, that's called a compromise.
Abby: No, Daddy closes it all the way, that's a compromise.

3 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Out with the old, in with the new...and that included the definition of "compromise." Abby's going to make a great wife someday :)

darlene said...

wow, actually, i really like it!!
looks fantastic!!
now, just keep Maya away from smushing hamburgers into it....lol

Shan said...

Yes I think she will make a great wife:)

Thanks Darlene. And yes no hamburgers near the new couch. Ha! We'll see how long that lasts.