Wednesday, May 09, 2007

What's Cooking Wednesday - Caesar Potato Salad

You know I actually thought I had blogged this recipe already, but apparently I hadn't. Who knew? Not me, that's for sure. I have to admit, I'm not a huge potato salad fan at all, but this. This I love. Makes a nice new addition to your next cook out.

Potato Caesar Salad


Caesar Potato Salad

3 cups new potatoes, cooked and chopped
1/2 cup caeser salad dressing
Parmesan cheese, shredded
2 green onions, chopped
4 hard boiled eggs
4 slices bacon, cooked

Toss potatoes with dressing and a few handfuls of the Parmesan cheese.

Top with green onions, hard boiled eggs and bacon.

Recipe Notes: I usually double this recipe because this salad goes fast. I just wash and cut up the potatoes before putting them on to boil. Leaving the skins on saves some time. Plus I hate peeling potatoes. I would say all measurements here are just a guideline. Want more bacon/eggs/onion/cheese, go ahead. I won't tell the potato salad police. For the dressing I usually buy a strong flavoured garlic dressing such as Renee's. For a big bowl I use the entire bottle and then add mayo until I get the desired consistency. I've also used finely chopped onion in place of the green onion in a pinch. 5/5

4 comments:

Nadine said...

I've never heard of Caesar Potato Salad, but it sounds yummy. This is the 2nd potato salad receipe I came across this past week. Summer must be around the corner.

darlene said...

this is very good!!....as i made it for this past weekend...4 stars!! i say!!

Julie said...

You know what? I am sure you blogged it too...LOL. Must have disappeared into cyberspace. I have a new food blog, you can link to it off my profile. Its my weightwatchers blog but has recipes etc, might be more interesting than the one I never update. LOL.

Hugs,
Julie

Shan said...

Thanks Julie. I was sure I had, but couldn't find it. So who knows. Going to check out the new blog.