Tuesday, June 26, 2007

he's making me go

Well the plans for our vacation are coming along. Well for Mike and I they are. On top of the Titanic exhibit, Mike has made arrangements for us to go to the Falls over night. What was that? Oh yes I do feel guilty, thanks for asking. Mike, of course, thinks I'm crazy being too hard on myself and that taking a night away from the kids won't scar them for life. I hope he's right, but of course deep down I think he's probably wrong.

I'm kidding.

Sorta.

2 comments:

qualcosa di bello said...

oh my gosh Shan, i am soooo jealous! what i wouldn't give for a NIGHT AWAY with D. right now! when the 4 kids (spaced 6 yrs apart - so i hear ya with that planning & age difference thing!!!) were younger, we made a point to go out on a date once a month and away for a long weekend once a year. believe me, it is good for your marriage and your parenting. i would cry when i was leaving, have a fabulous time, and cry on returning!! but i always came back rested and ready for the young ones' antics. we are bearing down on several years without our weekend away right now and i think we better soon take one!!! :) high school/college years are busier than i anticipated! have a WONDERFUL time!!

Shan said...

I know I'm crazy. Most people want a night away. I'm just not that person. I will "make" myself do it, but not as often as Mike would like me to.

Thanks again for stopping by.