Tuesday, September 18, 2007

couldn't have been any more perfect

Well folks what could be better than going to the Doctor's office, stepping on that nasty old scale and finding out you lost 10 pounds? (cause that's what I did today, how about you?)

Now I'm merely suggesting here, but it could go going to the Doctor's office with your sick husband who, I must point out, has been off work the last two days. That would be two days full of endless whining commentary about how deathly ill he is. I mean he may not make it. This is the worst cold in the history of the world. I wouldn't be surprised if they write a paper on it. I fully expect the New England Journal of Medicine to call any minute. Now his wife in comparison has just started to feel a little poorly this afternoon and thinks maybe she should weasel her way into the appointment. Now I must point out that she has spent the past two days at work while also keeping up with all kid/household related stuff, oh and let's not forget picking up the deathly ill husband's slack.

And after all that hearing the doctor say, "Wow! Your wife is way sicker than you are!"

That, my friends, is priceless. The ladies out there know what I'm talking about.

4 comments:

qualcosa di bello said...

i almost want to say this sounds like a perfect day...but recalling that you feel poorly & are shouldering the typical woman-burden in these scenarios, i guess it's not!

times like these (sorry, guy blog readers) are ones that tell us just why *we* have the babies! :)

hope you feel better very soon in order that you may properly bask in your triumphs!

Merry said...

Too funny! I hope you feel better soon. I'm glad someone else's husband is as big of a baby as mine. :)

Karen said...

That is toooo perfect. I actually had to read your post out loud to John who just sat there with that "I should be laughing but I kind of don't find it that funny because it is too close to home" look on his face.

roxie said...

So what are you doing now to take care of yourself? Hope the husband isn't pouting because you upstaged him.

Get well fast and conga rats on the weight loss!