Monday, October 08, 2007

happy thanksgiving

Well today is Thanksgiving or the Harvest Feast as Abby keeps referring to it as. We actually had our Thanksgiving dinner/Papa's birthday on Saturday night with Papa and Grandma Linda. Sunday Mike and Papa spent bonding at the Tractor pulls. Today Grandma Linda and I disappeared off to the Balls Falls Thanksgiving Craft Sale despite it being sickeningly hot. The trip was a success, I came home with a Christmas gift and some goodies (apple pie jam.... so very yummy). We do have one more turkey dinner in two weeks at my brother's place. So the harvest feasting isn't quite done yet.

And now for the requisite I'm thankful for list...

For Mike. For the girls. For my family. For my friends. The best things in my life. I love you all.

5 comments:

Kellan said...

Apple Pie jam - yummy! Happy Thanksgiving (even though it's really not until November - Ha!).

Karen said...

Shan - I spent every Thankgiving growing up at the Balls Falls Festival - it was just 20 minutes down the road from my house in Fonthill. I really miss that. Too bad about the heat though (John's mom had mentioned how hot it was in St. C) - my memories of being there are always of rain or sunny and cold - good fall Niagara weather. Anyway, glad you had a great weekend!

roxie said...

Balls Falls? Oh, my! What a naughty name. Sounds like you had a wonderful time, though, in spite of the heat. I've never heard of apple pie jam.

Anonymous said...

I think you should give Apple Pie Jam as your next give-away Shan. It's only fair after you tempt us.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Aw I can't believe I missed the chance to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving...feel free to send me your wishes a couple days late next month ;)

And Suzel's Sass has an excellent point....