Saturday, December 08, 2007

sweet relief

Turns out I was freaking out for nothing. After a online shopping session tonight I can safely say I am pretty much finished my Christmas shopping. I have mentioned before that the lack of online shopping sites here in Canada really ticks me off. I don't understand why we, as a nation, cannot get on board with this. You can shop online at WalMart, Old Navy and the Children's Place in the good ole U S of A, but can't at their Canadian equivalent sites. That is if they have Canadian based sites. WalMart does (information only), but the other two do not.

Tonight I somehow stumbled upon a "new to me" website that sells gift cards. Over 250 of them. I was so excited to find it I may have danced a little jig here in my office. I splurged and paid $10 for the courier shipping to ensure I'd have gifts in hand before Christmas, but it was definitely worth it for the time it saved me. I got gift cards from six different places. That represented the bulk of the shopping I had left to do. What a relief not to have to worry about that any more. Now I can concentrate on wrapping and baking and picking up the few remaining things on the list. Which can be done during my grocery shopping trips to Wally.

This is the best! The love is definitely back!

3 comments:

Sam said...

OMG to be you right now would be lovely, on the flip side I think I have almost finished my baking. But one never knows I get in a groove and make about 20 things in a day. Today I am sitting to do a list of things that I have yet to get. You know the essentials, someones pjs or chocolates. It does seems that since Oct 31 christmas has jumped in my lap. A nice quite chirstmas is what I am looking forward to.

Kellan said...

Hi Shan - I can't believe you are all done with your shopping - that's great. And that girt card site sounds very cool - beats going from store to store to get those cards - what a great site! I still have quite a bit to do, including all my Christmas cards, wrapping and even putting up a few more decorations (just to satisfy Alexis). Usually I am more on top of all my Christmas duties, but this year seems crazy.

Thanks for the nice comment on my post today - I have also picked up on the joy you have in your life and the love you have for your sweet children! I always look forward to visiting with you. Have a good Sunday and I'll see you soon. Kellan

Shan said...

Sam - It does seem that way all of the sudden. I have a Christmas countdown on my facebook and I can't believe the numbers are into the teens already. Now that I'm pretty well finished I'm getting very excited. I cannot wait to see my brother and sister in law. Yay!

Kellan - I still have to do Christmas cards, but I scaled way back on the amount I send out now. So it shouldn't take me long. I started wrapping tonight and got a few out of the way. Decorations are done, but Abby was ticked that I finished the tree without her. Oops.

Joy is a beautiful thing isn't it. Thanks for your nice words. I love visiting you as well.