Thursday, January 03, 2008

camping... sorta

Not surprisingly the girls were showered with gifts this Christmas and lots stand out as favourites. Abby has been enthralled with the play doh, Barbies, books and movies. But what has been holding her interest lately?

This:

2008-01-02 010


It's a indoor dome tent Grandma Sandi picked up at Ikea. At about 9 pm last night, which would be an hour past her bedtime for those keeping track at home, she convinced me to move the tent from the toy room to her bedroom. She then proceeded to pimp it out with blankets, pillows, a bottle of water, box of kleenex and a teddy bear. She slept there last night and she attempted a repeat performance again, but she woke up and asked if she could move back to her bed a little while ago. I can't imagine why? What could be more comfy than sleeping on laminate floors in a tent you're too long for so your feet stick out the door?

7 comments:

darlene said...

ahhh...very cute

roxie said...

Grandma Sandi rocks! That's a brilliant gift. And you're a patient and loving mom. (Love those little bare feeties.)

Anonymous said...

She get's an "A" for trying though :)

Karen said...

Emily has one of those tents too. I pull it out every once in a while and it is always a hit. A big space eater though in a small house!

Shan said...

Thanks Darlene. Now she asks me every morning if I came in to see her feet.

Thanks Roxie, I like to think I am.

Yep she does Suze.

No kidding Karen. The way Abby's room is set up now it takes up most of her floor space. If I leave it in the toy room there won't be room for the train table that was their other present from Grandma Sandi. I think I'm going to put it away now that she's going back to school. I'd rather her get a good nights sleep in her bed for school. The tent can be for weekends and holidays. I am predicting this decision will not be popular.

Shan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Too cute!