Thursday, January 31, 2008

i wonder if that was in dog years?

Abby and I were playing a board game in which, according to the instructions, the youngest player went first.

Abby: I get to go first!
Me: How come?
Abby: Because I'm the youngest. And it says the youngest goes first. It does.
Me: Well how do you know you're the youngest? Maybe I am. How old are you?
Abby: I'm five.
Me: And how old am I?
Abby: You're fourteen. See! So you're old. You aren't young like me. I go first.
Me: Fair enough.

6 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Hah! I had a girl (about 9 years old) ask me how old I was back on New Year's Eve. I told her to guess. She said 50. I told her to subtract 10. Then another ten. Then add 1. And then she said I looked much younger than 31 (after her mom said we were the same age).

Um thanks. I guess.

Valarie said...

heehee. So cute.

Karen said...

That's excellent. I love it when Emily starts asking me about my age, or trying to guess it. I tell her and then she says: yeah, you're 3. Just like me. Yeah. Just like you.

Kellan said...

How adorable!!

Hey - come and see me tomorrow - I have an award for you. See ya. Kellan

Anonymous said...

When your 16th birthday comes around, I'm going to throw you a big bash :)

Shan said...

BE - Well you made out better than her Mom anyway:)

valarie - yep, she is.

karen - that's funny.

kellan - thanks for the award!

suze - wicked! Is it going to be like My Super Sweet 16? If so I want to arrive by helicopter.