Sunday, January 27, 2008

maybe one day i'll throw on jeans and really blow her mind

It's safe to say the dress code has been somewhat relaxed around here the past few days. And by relaxed, I mean it's been jammies twenty-four seven. Granted there have been multiple jammie changes, but it's still all jammies all the time. At least for the female members of the family. So today, feeling a bit more human and with kids who seem to finally be on the mend, I hopped in the shower and afterwards I got dressed. Now to be fair it was just yoga pants and a long sleeved cotton tee, which if you want to get technical is barely a step above jammies, but still I was dressed. So much so that Abby looked me up and down and then asked......

"What are you so dressed up for?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, out of the mouths of babes!
How I love that little girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, not often, on a Saturday, I'll stay in my jammies and not even get a shower. My husband came back from the store on Saturday and all wide-eyed and earnest says "Hey, you showered today". Men and kids!!

Shan said...

Mom - Well how could you not?

Suze - Could have told the same story if you began it.... Often, not sometimes......