Monday, January 28, 2008

spreading the linky love #3

A lot has been said this past week about the tragic death of Heath Ledger, the vast majority of it being, at best, pure speculation. My heart breaks for Michelle Williams and their two year old daughter Matilda. What a painful road they have ahead of them. In my day to day life I'm not much of a Star Jones fan, but this time she is right on the money.

I can only hope that one day I can knit as lovely as this. Beautiful Roxie, as always.

Those of you who've read about my much loved Uncle Ricky, know he was such a wonderful gift to our family. This post over at Gifts From A Broad about her younger sister, really tugged at my heart strings. Truly beautiful.

It's always nice to get an award. Thanks to my best gal pal Suze for recognizing excellence when she sees it.

You would think that a multi-million dollar company would have somewhat huge research and development budgets that would catch things like, oh I don't know, mints that look like street drugs. Yep Hershey's Ice Breakers Pacs look shockingly like a little bag of narcotics. After the helpful folks at Philadelphia's police narcotics squad pointed out the similarities Hershey has decided to stop manufacturing the product after stressing the mints weren't meant to look like anything. I'd like to take credit for finding this one, but the hat tip goes to bleeding espresso.

1 comment:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Why thanks for the love--and I'm completely with you on that Star Jones piece.