Thursday, February 14, 2008

full day

Today is many things. Today is weigh in day, stayed the same nothing much to talk about. It's Valentine's Day. I have the greatest Valentines ever. A husband who zipped out to buy me a bottle of wine and doesn't seem to mine that I'm so exhausted I'm not fit company for anybody tonight. My two perfect girls, who are the reason I'm so exhausted. They took turns being up last night until they had all but two hours of it covered. It was also Maya's projected due date that she missed by a month.

Last, but certainly not least, it's Darlene's birthday! I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I love this lady. I've known her for over a decade now and I consider myself so lucky to have her in my life. One of my many favourite things about her is her sense of humour, but it's more than that. She has a real sense of fun, willing to be silly, always easy to laugh. And she's a prankster and if I'm lucky I get to be her accomplice. Our favourite prank is the "big box prank" of which Kathy is often our victim. If we ever get a box at work that is big enough for Darlene to fit in, then we postion it in the perfect spot. She climbs in closes the lid and I send the victims by. The first time (of many) we did it, we scared Kathy so much she cried. I'm not sure what it says about us that we still laugh about that day. I'm not sure what it says about Kathy that she still falls for it all these years later, but she should take it as a compliment, we only prank the ones we love.

Happy Happy Birthday Darlene. I'm sorry your hang over was canceled for tomorrow. Hope you had a wonderful birthday. Love and hugs to you my wonderful friend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Darlene!!!

roxie said...

The least you could do is get this prank on videotape and send it in to Funniest Home Videos. You could make money!

Kellan said...

Happy Birthday to your wonderful friend Darlene! I hope it was fabulous and Happy Belated Valentien's Day to you Shan - have a good weekend too. See you soon. Kellan

Anonymous said...

Happy Brithday Darlene!

Hey Shan send me an email with your address again. The shipment has arrived :)

darlene said...

Thanks Shan...for the lovely post...and thanks to everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes....xoxoxo