Thursday, February 21, 2008

where did he park the mystery machine

This past Sunday found Mike and Abby heading off to church on their own. The end of our church service is in the area of Maya's nap time and, honestly, most times we do end up taking her we're really pushing our luck.This particular morning we could tell she just wasn't going to make it the whole way through, so I decided to stay home with her. I did feel bad about skipping this week, especially since Abby was singing. When she arrived home, of course, I wanted to hear all about it.

Me: Hey! How was church?
Abby: It was good.
Me: And how was singing?
Abby: It was good too. Margot wasn't there. (Margot is our Minister)
Me: No?
Abby: She's on vacation.
Me: Oh, well who was there?
Abby: Some guy named Fred, but he didn't have a gang.
Me: He didn't have a what?
Abby: A gang.
I blink at her, not understanding why in the world a Minister would need a gang.
Abby: (clearly exasperated) He wasn't the guy from Scooby Doo.

Okay, so just to clarify here, our supply Minister last Sunday was not, I repeat, was not Fred; leader of those "meddling kids" on the Scooby Doo cartoon. Which didn't really surprise me since our church is neither haunted nor has had any unexplained monsters just hanging around trying to distract us from finding the gold we didn't know was hidden in a crawl space in the basement.

8 comments:

Angela said...

That's great!
No weird monsters
Loved it!

Kellan said...

Now, that was hysterical!!! Don't you just love their little minds? Glad to hear your church isn't haunted. Have a good Friday Shan - see ya. Kellan

Karen said...

This is saying a lot but I think that is the funniest Abby story I've heard so far. Hilarious!

kristi said...

Too cute!

Julie said...

Classic and something my Abby would totally say also. She went thru a phase where she was obsessed with Scooby Doo - mainly Daphne.

Leah said...

How adorable is she?!?! That's so cute!

Anonymous said...

She is too funny!

Shan said...

Angela - I think the whole congregation is thankful for that.

Kellan - yes, me too.

Karen - Wow, that is saying a lot.

Kristi - thanks.

Julie - I was actually surprised she even knew his name was Fred, she doesn't watch it all that often.

Leah - thanks, I think so too:)

Suze - she sure is!