Thursday, April 10, 2008

south paw?

Abby and I are both right handed. Mike is the sole leftie in the family. Or should I say was.

2008-04-10 007


It's looking more and more every day that Maya is going to be left handed. She will still colour with her right, but how she holds the crayon looks like it's awkward for her. She will attempt it for a short while and then switch back to the left, which looks like it's much more comfortable.

I don't know why, but I think seeing kids colour with their left hand is just about the cutest thing ever. Whenever I see Maya, crayon in (left) hand, head bent over her paper and concentrating very hard my heart melts into a pile of goo.

8 comments:

roxie said...

What a peculiar shape for a crayon. Why do they make them like that? Isn't it hard to hold?

She does look adorable!

Mommy Project said...

I know what you mean! I think, maybe, it's cuz' it's sort of "special" (??). Jamie used to use her left hand and I was almost kind of hopeful that she would be a southpaw (maybe bc my Dad was and I thought that would be a sweet little touch of him in there somehow - and she is kind of named after him)...but she outgrew it.

Shan said...

Roxie - they are beginner crayons for little hands. The idea is they grasp the bulb part with their whole hand. Maya just doesn't like to hold them like that. Probably if she was younger she would.

Mommy - Aww that would have been sweet. I'm still waiting to see hwo it goes, but it sure is cute to watch while she figures it out.

Leah said...

Little kids coloring PERIOD are about the cutest things ever. She looks like she's concentrating really hard on what she's doing! so cute!

PS (and since my computer isn't runnign well today...darn it...I'm gonna comment about the previous post here while I'm at it...)I stink at small talk, too, unless the other person is good at bringing up topics and then I can chat until the cows come home. But if we both stink at coming up with topics, then I'm in trouble! Or I start to ramble about IDIOTIC stuff just to fill the ackward silence... LOL

Gerbil said...

Little kids with crayons are the best.

anno said...

Look at that focus! That intensity! Turns my heart to goo, too!

Shan said...

Leah - she always does that when she colours. Too cute. And I will start rambling on about idiotic stuff too.

gerbil - they are.

anno - Looks like she's very serious about her art.

shan said...

Shan--My Maya is a lefty, too! Funny. Though she bats and throws right-handed. I don't get it.