Tuesday, May 13, 2008

what`s cooking wednesday - chili pizza

We are a pizza loving household, no question. Mike and the girls would eat it every other night if I let them. As for me I`m rather bored with the whole thing if you must know the truth. So when I tried this at Boston Pizza a little while a go I knew I was going to recreate it at home for our next pizza night.

Chili Pizza

Chili Pizza

1 premade pizza crust
1 cup of chili
1 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 green onions, chopped

Preheat oven according to pizza crust directions. Top premade pizza crust with chili. Top chili with shredded cheddar and onion. Bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.

Recipe Notes: Well that was just easy peasy lemon squeezy. We used left over cinncinati chili on ours. Which was great because we always have lots of leftovers whenever I make that and this is a way to use them up. Mike is not a traditional chili fan. You could add some sliced jalapeƱos or green pepper or tomato or whatever you fancy with your chili. Mike really liked this as is for the most part. He did request more green onion on it next time around. The girls would not touch it with a ten foot pole, but I had a frozen pepperoni pizza on hand for them so they were happy anyway.


7 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Looks tasty! I love chili :)

Also, my typo in my Mr Linky entry this week is a function of combining the Italian patate with the English potatoes.

It's not just because I'm careless and lazy, I swear ;)

Jen said...

Yum! BTW... something like pillsbury crescent rolls work perfectly for a crust for this kind of thing, too.

Mommy Project said...

Mmmm...pizzaahhhhh.

(I'm going to try and make some home-made pizza soon. The local pizza place is starting to slip).

Anonymous said...

What a great use of left over chili. I think we have just enough in the refrigerator to make a pizza.

JillEBean said...

Yum!! Now I know what to do with my leftover chili from tonight!

Insane Mama said...

Oh great, that kinda messed up my diet today :)

Shan said...

BE - good thing you cleared that up:)

Jen - I never thought about that. It's a great idea though. Will have to keep that in mind.

Normie - where do you guys buy from? Frankly I've gotten sick of all of them.

Renae - I thought the same thing.

JilleBean - Glad Boston Pizza and I could help.

insane mama - mine too ;)